[Turkmath:6567] Ravi P. Agarwal (Talk-6 )

Agacik Zafer zafer at metu.edu.tr
8 Ağu 2009 Cmt 20:47:58 EEST

Ravi P. Agarwal
Florida Institute of Technology, USA

COMPLEMENTARY LIDSTONE INTERPOLATION AND BOUNDARY VALUE PROBLEMS

Date : Monday, August 10, 2009
Time : 15:00
Place : M203, METU Department of Mathematics

Abstract: We shall introduce and construct explicitly the complementary
Lidstone interpolating polynomial P_2m(t) of degree 2m; which involves
interpolating data at the odd order derivatives. For P_2m(t) we shall
provide explicit representation of the error function, best possible
error inequalities, best possible criterion for the convergence of
complementary Lidstone series, and a quadrature formula with best
possible error bound. Then, these results will be used to establish
existence and uniqueness criteria, and the convergence of Picard's,
approximate Picard's, quasilinearization, and approximate
quasilinearization iterative methods for the complementary Lidstone
boundary value problems which consist of an (2m + 1)th order di erential
equation and the complementary Lidstone booundary conditions.

--
Dr. Agacik Zafer
Department of Mathmatics