[Turkmath:6703] İSTANBUL BİLGİ ÜNİVERSİTESİ MATEMATİK SEMİNERLERİ

Oya Cesur Demir oyac at bilgi.edu.tr
9 Ara 2009 Çar 13:37:47 EET

Assist. Prof. Ferit Öztürk
Boğaziçi University
11 December Friday, at 14:00;
Bilgi Üniversitesi Dolapdere Kampüsü, Room:130.
Title:
There is a unique real tight contact 3-ball

 Abstract:
A real structure on a smooth 3-manifold is an orientation preserving involution. A real contact structure on a real 3-manifold is a contact 1-form which is anti-symmetric with respect to the real structure.
In the first part of the talk we make an introduction to the theory of vector fields on surfaces and convex surface theory in contact 3-manifolds.  In the second part, we use those results to prove that there is a unique real tight contact 3-ball with convex boundary up to isotopy through real tight structures.
This is part of a joint project with Nermin Salepci.