[Turkmath:6726] İSTANBUL BİLGİ ÜNİVERSİTESİ MATEMATİK SEMİNERLERİ

Oya Cesur Demir oyac at bilgi.edu.tr
16 Ara 2009 Çar 14:11:27 EET

Dr. Kürşat Aker
Feza Gürsey Institute
18 December Friday, at 14:00;
Bilgi Üniversitesi Dolapdere Kampüsü, Room:130.
Title:
Farahat-Higman Rings
 Abstract:
To study the center of the group rings of symmetric groups, Farahat and Higman introduced a new ring, which we call the Farahat-Higman ring.
In recent years, Wang has studied a generalization of Farahat-Higman rings to investigate the centers of group rings of wreath products of finite groups by symmetric groups.
In this seminar, we will introduce a new Farahat-Higman type ring constructed from symmetric groups on even number of letters and a hyperoctahedral subgroup.