[Turkmath:6649] Ankarada Cebir Seminerleri ile ilgilenenlere

Mahmut Kuzucuoglu matmah at metu.edu.tr
5 Kas 2009 Per 16:08:03 EET

Sevgili Arkadasler,

ODTU de Cuma gunleri saat 9:00-10:30 Gunduz Ikeda Seminer odasinda
Cebir seminerlerine basliyoruz. Ilk konusmacimiz ve konusmanin ozeti
asagida.  Sonraki konusmacimiz Ebru Solak .
Doktora tezlerini anlatacaklar.
Ilgilenen herkes davetlidir.
Iyi calismalar

Mahmut Kuzucuoglu

Speaker: Omer Kucuksakalli (METU)
Title: The geometry of elliptic curves

6 November 2009 Friday
9:00-10:30
METU Mathematics Department
Ikeda Seminar Room

Abstract: Elliptic curves are curves of genus one having a specified
basepoint.
One classical problem in number theory is to analyze their points over
arithmetically interesting fields such as finite fields, p-adic fields,
number
fields. In this talk, we will discuss the properties of these curves over
arbitrary algebraically closed fields (i.e. their geometry). This is
essential
before we can make progress on number theory.