[Turkmath:7340] MSGSU Seminer, DÜZELTME

Safak Ozden bildiginessek at gmail.com
7 Ara 2010 Sal 16:35:39 EET

Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University

Seminar

*Cobordism of Orbifolds*

Speaker:
*Dr. Andres Angel
Hausdorff Institute, Bonn
*

Orbifolds are useful generalizations of manifolds that appear naturally in
the study of moduli spaces, particularly those arising in Gromov-Witten
theory, where in good cases, these moduli spaces are orbifolds and
Gromov-Witten invariants are suitably defined characteristic numbers.

In this talk I will present a framework to study cobordism of orbifolds. As
application, I will show decompositions of cobordism groups of orbifolds in
terms of usual bordism theory these decompositions involve information
around the singular sets and provide a way to define invariants for
orbifolds.

I will start recalling the classical results on cobordism of manifolds, and
bordism theories and discuss its generalization to orbifolds.

*