[Turkmath:7379] Bogazici Matematik Carsamba Seminerleri - ilan ekte

ferit.ozturk at boun.edu.tr ferit.ozturk at boun.edu.tr
19 Ara 2010 Paz 18:47:10 EET

Geçmiş/gelecek konuşmalar için:
http://www.math.boun.edu.tr/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=49&Itemid=405
Konuşmalar İngilizce yapılmaktadır.

BOGAZICI UNIVERSITY MATHEMATICS COLLOQUIUM

Topological bisimulations

Nick Bezhanishvili
Imperial College London

Date : Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Time: 14:00
Place: TB 250,  Boğaziçi Üniversitesi

Abstract: Modal logic has numerous applications in computer science and
mathematics. Modal
language is an expressive and yet decidable formalism for reasoning about
relational structures, thus
useful for computer science. From the mathematical point of view, algebraic
models of modal logic
are Boolean algebras with operators which via the Stone and Jonsson-Tarski
duality correspond to
topological relational structures. Topological relational structures are
relational structures equipped
with a compact, Hausdorff and zero-dimensional topology. In this talk I will
connect these two
approaches via the notion of a topological bisimulation. A bisimulation is a
relation between two
relational structures satisfying some special properties. If there exists a
bisimulation between two
relational structures, then these structures are indistinguishable in the modal
language. The theory
of bisimulations of relational structures is by now very well established and
forms a core part of the
general theory of modal logic. In this talk, I will introduce bisimulations of
topological relational
structures and discuss their topological, categorical and model-theoretic
properties.

Tea and coffee will be served at 15:00