[Turkmath:7082] Açılış konuşması - IMBM Temas Geometrisi Çalıştayı

ferit.ozturk at boun.edu.tr ferit.ozturk at boun.edu.tr
2 Haz 2010 Çar 21:28:59 EEST

IMBM Istanbul Matematiksel Bilimler Merkezi

Volumes of hyperbolic 3-manifolds
 David Gabai
Princeton University, Mathematics Department

 We outline a proof (with R. Meyerhoff and P. Milley) that
the Weeks manifold is the lowest volume closed orientable
hyperbolic 3-manifold. Along the way we discuss a number of
beautiful and simple ideas needed to understand the topology
and geometry of low dimensional manifolds.