[Turkmath:6884] Bogazici Matematik Carsamba Seminerleri - ilan ekte

ferit.ozturk at boun.edu.tr ferit.ozturk at boun.edu.tr
26 Mar 2010 Cum 23:11:51 EET

Gecmis/gelecek konuşmalar için:
http://www.math.boun.edu.tr/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=49&Itemid=356
Konusmalar Ingilizce yapilmaktadir.

Computed tomography and inversion formulas with incomplete measurements

Matias Courdurier
Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile

Date	  : Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Time	  :	14:00
Place  :	TB 250, Boğaziçi Üniversitesi

Abstract: In Computed Tomography, as well as other imaging applications, the
goal is to reconstruct a function in two or three dimensions from knowledge of
its line integrals, also known as the ray-transform of the function or Radon
Transform in the two dimensional case. In this talk we will present how the
ray-transform appears as a model for the measurements in Computed Tomography.
We will describe the mathematical setting in which this object is studied and
quickly overview the main classic results, including inversion formulas. We
will analyze in detail the non-locality characteristic of the classic formulas
and present a different approach, which allows to obtain inversion formulas for
cases of incomplete measurements. We will finish by studying how this approach
can be exploited to obtain new results in particular cases of practical
interest.

Tea and coffee will be served at 15:00