[Turkmath:7794] Jie Shen - IMBM (YARIN)

ferit.ozturk at boun.edu.tr ferit.ozturk at boun.edu.tr
28 Haz 2011 Sal 16:18:05 EEST

Istanbul Matematiksel Bilimler Merkezi seminerleri:

Phase-Field Models for Multiphase Complex Fluids: Modeling, Numerical Analysis
and Simulations

Jie Shen
Purdue University

Abstract
I shall present some recent work on phase-field model for multiphase
incompressible flows. We shall pay particular attention to situations with
large density ratios as they lead to formidable challenges in both analysis and
simulation. I shall present efficient and accurate numerical schemes for
solving this coupled nonlinear system, in many case prove that they are energy
stable, and show ample numerical results which not only demonstrate the
effectiveness of the numerical schemes, but also validate the flexibility and
robustness of the phase-field model.