[Turkmath:7681] İSTANBUL BİLGİ ÜNİVERSİTESİ SEMİNERLERİ

Oya Cesur Demir oya.cesur at bilgi.edu.tr
3 Mayıs 2011 Sal 13:46:40 EEST

Dr. Cédric Milliet
(Galatasaray University)
6 May Friday, at 13:00;
Bilgi Üniversitesi Dolapdere Kampüsü, Room:130.
Title:
Stable division rings of positive characteristic are not far from being commutative.
Abstract:
The aim of this talk to is to present a simple proof of a theorem coming
from model theory. I will start by a brief introduction to Model Theory,
define what a model and a theory are, and present a few typical
questions that logicians usually deal with. This will allow me to
motivate the definition of a "stable theory", and prove that stable
division rings of characteristic p are vector spaces of finite dimension
over their centre. If time permits, I will extend the proof in the
context of a simple theory. The talk should be accessible to any
mathematician.
[http://www.bilgi.edu.tr/pages/commonDownloads/maildisclaimer.png]