[Turkmath:7690] Bogazici Universitesi Carsamba Seminerleri - Burak Erdogan

ferit.ozturk at boun.edu.tr ferit.ozturk at boun.edu.tr
6 Mayıs 2011 Cum 00:04:49 EEST

Geçmiş/gelecek konuşmalar için:

http://www.math.boun.edu.tr/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=49&Itemid=405

Global smoothing for Korteweg de Vries equation with periodic boundary
conditions

Burak Erdogan

Date : Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Time: 14:00
Place: TB 250, Bogazici Universitesi

Abstract: In this talk we will review the low regularity well-posedness results
of
the KdV equation introducing various methods used in the theory. We will
also discuss a recent result on the smoothing properties of the equation
which states that for initial data in Sobolev spaces (H^s, s>-1/2) the
difference of the linear and nonlinear evolutions always belongs to a
higher index Sobolev space. This is a joint work with Nikos Tzirakis.

Tea and coffee will be served at 15:00