[Turkmath:7716] Hatirlatma: Istanbul Ayrik Matematik Toplantilari Mayis Ayi Seminer Duyurusu

Türker BIYIKOĞLU turker.biyikoglu at isikun.edu.tr
12 Mayıs 2011 Per 11:49:16 EEST

Hatirlatma:
Istanbul Ayrik Matematik Toplantilari Seminer Duyurusu

Degerli Matematikciler,

Istanbul Ayrik Matematik Toplantilari Mayis ayi toplantisi herzaman
oldugu gibi Istanbul Matematiksel Bilimler Merkezinin (IMBM) cok guzel
binasinda olucak.
Mayis ayi toplantimiz 13 Mayis Cuma gunu saat 11.00'de
Muge Kanuni (Bogazici Universitesi) "Algebras and Graphs" baslikli bir
konusma yapacaktir.

Konusma konusuyla ilgili detaylari asagida ve ekteki ilanda gorebilirsiniz.

Seminer oncesi, saat 10.30'dan itibaren cay-kahve ve kurabiye servisi
olacaktir. Konusmaya herkes davetlidir.

Turker Biyikoglu  Tinaz Ekim-Asici

I M B M istanbul center for mathematical sciences
Istanbul Discrete Mathematics Meetings

Muge Kanuni
Algebras and Graphs
Bogazici Universitesi

Abstract

A combinatorial method used in the theory of Artin algebras is to
visualize the algebra as a directed graph (quiver). The vertices are the
idempotents of the Artin algebra and the edges are the algebra maps
between the subalgebras of the Artin algebra. This mainstream technique
allows us to translate the problem in Artin algebras to quivers.

We will also mention Cluster algebras -that are algebras which are
generated by a given quiver and some indeterminants- and how
Auslander-Reiten Quivers (another combinatorial tool) are used in their
study.