[Turkmath:8715] Seminer ilanı

Basak Koca kocabasak at hotmail.com
24 Ara 2012 Pzt 12:11:14 EET

Merhaba,

26 Aralık 2012 Çarşamba günü saat 13.30 da İstanbul Üniversitesi Matematik Bölümü Seminer Salonu'nda
Yard.Doç.Dr. Hatice BOYLAN (İstanbul Üniversitesi) tarafından bir seminer verilecektir.Konuşma ile ilgili bilgiler aşağıdaki gibidir.  Başlık: Linear characters of Hilbert Modular Groups and associated automorphic forms Özeti: According to a general philosophy to a linear character of an arithmetic
group there should be associated an interesting automorphic form transforming
under the given group with this character. The most prominent example for this
is the group SL(2,Z) (or rather its double cover Mp(2,Z)) and the Dedekind eta
function. A natural question is for the situation for the Hilbert modular
groups. Surprisingly, the linear characters of the Hilbert modular groups were
not known until recently. In this talk, we shall report about recent joint work
with Nils Skoruppa, where we determined all linear characters of the Hilbert
modular groups. Furthermore, I shall explain that to these characters correspond
indeed automorphic forms (which I found in my thesis). These automorphic forms
can be regarded as analogues of the famous Jacobi theta function which occurs in
the Jacobi triple product identity. The first Taylor coefficients of these new
functions are candidates for generalizing the Dedekind eta function to number
fields.
 İyi çalışmalar. Araş.Gör. Beyaz Başak KOCA