[Turkmath:8182] Seminer - İTÜ Matematik, 24 Şubat 2012 Cuma

aduran at itu.edu.tr aduran at itu.edu.tr
20 Şub 2012 Pzt 17:53:13 EET

Değerli Liste Üyeleri,

Bu hafta, 24 Şubat 2012 Cuma günü, Koç Üniversitesi'nden Dr. Emre
Mengi aşağıdaki konuda konuşma yapacaktır. İlginiz için teşekkür ederiz.

* * *

Nearest Pencils with Specified Eigenvalues

Abstract. We consider the distance with respect to the operator 2-norm
from a matrix pencil to the nearest pencil with eigenvalues lying in a
specified region in the complex plane. This distance was suggested to
estimate the shape of a region in the complex plane given the moments
over the region, which has applications in fields such as
computer-aided tomography. We derive a Hermitian eigenvalue
optimization characterization for the distance. If time permits, I
will talk about a numerical algorithm for the global optimization of
eigenvalues of a Hermitian matrix function depending on its parameters
analytically.