[Turkmath:8126] SU General Seminar, Ayhan Gunaydin, 19.01.2012

Alp Bassa bassa at sabanciuniv.edu
14 Oca 2012 Cmt 00:11:54 EET

*Sabanci University General Seminar*

*

*Speaker:* Ayhan Gunaydin (University of Lisbon)

*Date/Time:* 19 January 2012, Thursday, 16:00

*Place:* Sabanci University, FENS 2008

*Title:* *Polynomial-exponential equations*

*Abstract:* We consider polynomial-exponential equations over complex
numbers where the variables run through rational numbers. Classically, the
integer solutions of such equations are considered and there are several
finiteness results in the literature for those solutions. We present a
method to reduce the rational solutions to integer ones and give a
description of them using the earlier results.  As a corollary, we get a
finiteness result. If time permits, we present connections with the
Mordell-Lang Conjecture.

Tea, coffee and cookies will be served in FENS 2008 from 15:30.

For information on how to reach Sabanci University, please see

http://www.sabanciuniv.edu/eng/?kampus_hayati/hizmet_ve_olanaklar/ulasim.html