[Turkmath:8569] Sabancı Üniv. Math. Colloquium (Oct. 11 Thursday, 16:00): Kağan Kurşungöz, Hypergeometric Series, Basic Hypergeometric Series, and Permutation Statistics

wmeidl wmeidl at sabanciuniv.edu
4 Eki 2012 Per 15:33:04 EEST

Dear All,

please find below the abstract of the Sabancı University Math.
Colloquium talk by

*Kağan Kurşungöz*, Sabancı University,
*Title: *Hypergeometric Series, Basic Hypergeometric Series, and
Permutation Statistics
*Date: *Thursday*, *11.10.2012, 16:00
*Place:* Sabancı University, FENS 1040.

All interested are welcome to attend. For directions to Sabancı
University please visit

http://www.sabanciuniv.edu/tr/?kampus_hayati/hizmet_ve_olanaklar/ulasim.html

*Abstract:*  After a brief introduction to hypergeometric series and
basic hypergeometric series, we will see an
application in enumerative combinatorics.  In particular, we will survey
some recent results on permutation statistics.
Part of the presentation is joint work with Ae Ja Yee (Penn State).

Greetings,
Wilfried Meidl