[Turkmath:8545] SÜ Karaköy Binasında Güz Dönemi Bazı Yüksek Lisans Dersleri

Kağan Kurşungöz kursungoz at sabanciuniv.edu
19 Eyl 2012 Çar 09:31:09 EEST

     Değerli Liste Üyeleri,

     İstanbul ve civardaki diğer kurumlardan da ilginecek kişilerin
olabileceğini düşünerek Sabancı Üniversitesinde 2012 güz döneminde şu
dersler:

MATH 561 Algebraic Combinatorics
(ilk ders 26 Eylül Çarşamba)

MATH 612 Selected Topics in Algebra I (Introduction to Categories and
Homological Algebra)
(ilk ders 27 Eylül Perşembe)

MATH 617 Selected Topics in Number Theory I (Drinfeld Modules)
(ilk ders 1 Ekim Pazartesi)

Karaköy İletişim merkezinde yapılacaktır.  MATH 612 dersi Perşembe
günleri 14-17 arası, MATH 561 ve MATH 617 dersleri de Pazartesi 16-19 ve
Çarşamba 17-20 arası saatlere katılımcıların uygunluk durumuna göre
paylaştırılacaktır.  Dersler İngilizce yapılacaktır. Aşağıda ayrıntılar
ve ilgili kişilerin iletişim bilgileri vardır. İlgilenebilecek kişilere
iletirseniz seviniriz.  Saygılarımızla,

     Alp Bassa
     Kağan Kurşungöz
     Matteo Paganin

     Dear Colleagues,

     Considering potential interest from institutions in and around
Istanbul, the following graduate courses will be offered in Karaköy
Communication Center of Sabancı University:

MATH 561 Algebraic Combinatorics
(the first class is on September 26 Wednesday)

MATH 612 Selected Topics in Algebra I (Introduction to Categories and
Homological Algebra)
(the first class is on September 27 Thursday)

MATH 617 Selected Topics in Number Theory I (Drinfeld Modules)
(the first class is on October 1 Monday)

MATH 612 will be on Thursdays between 2pm-5pm , and MATH 561 and MATH
617 will be distributed between the time slots Mondays 4pm-7pm and
Wednesdays 5pm-8pm, considering the participants' schedules. The classes
will be conducted in English.  Below are the detailed descriptions and
the contact information.  We would appreciate if you could forward the
information to whoever may be interested. Sincerely,

     Alp Bassa
     Kağan Kurşungöz
     Matteo Paganin

MATH 561 Algebraic Combinatorics

We will follow Sagan's "The Symmetric Group": Representations of finite
groups, representations of the symmetric group, Robinson-Schensted
algorithm, symmetric functions and applications as time allows.

contact: Kağan Kurşungöz (kursungoz at sabanciuniv.edu)

MATH 612 Selected Topics in Algebra I (Introduction to Categories and
Homological Algebra)

Categories and Functors; Natural Transformations and Equivalences of
Categories; Representable Functors; Adjointness; Limits, Sums, and
Products; Additive and Abelian Categories; Derived Categories, Derived
Functors, and Cohomology.

The program is subject to changes according to the audience, but it is
fixed up to Additive and Abelian Categories. Examples will come mainly
from General Topology, Commutative Algebra, and Algebraic Geometry

contact: Matteo Paganin (paganin at sabanciuniv.edu)

MATH 617 Selected Topics in Number Theory I (Drinfeld Modules)

Additive Polynomials, Non-Archimedean Analysis, Carlitz Module, Drinfeld
Modules, Explicit Class Field Theory, Drinfeld modular curves and varieties

contact: Alp Bassa (bassa at sabanciuniv.edu)