[Turkmath:8883] Fwd: Analysis Seminar

Safak Alpay safak at metu.edu.tr
1 Nis 2013 Pzt 11:54:48 EEST

Dear all,

You are cordially invited to our next  Analysis Seminar.

Speaker: Burak Hatinoglu

Title: Markov-Bernstein Type Inequalities on Compact Subsets of R

Abstract: Generalization of classical Markov and Bernstein inequalities in
different directions (compact subsets of  C^n, Cantor-type sets, higher order
derivatives, etc.) is one of the main research areas in approximation theory.
In their paper "Markov-Bernstein Type Inequalities on Compact Subsets of R",
T. Erdélyi, A. Kroo and J. Szabados suggest another path of
generalization: estimation of the derivative at a point in terms of some
density functions around this point. We will consider their results and
some examples.

Tea and cookies will be served before the seminar.