[Turkmath:8895] Sabancı Üniv. Math. Colloquium (Apr. 10 Wednesday, 14:00): Piotr Kowalski, Transcendence in positive characteristic

Wilfried Meidl wmeidl at sabanciuniv.edu
5 Nis 2013 Cum 13:12:56 EEST

Dear All,

please find below the abstract of the Sabancı University Math. Colloquium
talk by

Piotr Kowalski, Wroc?aw University of Technology, Poland
Title: Transcendence in positive characteristic
Date: Wednesday, 10.04.2013, 14:00.
Place: Sabancı University, FENS G029.

All interested are welcome to attend. For directions to Sabancı
University please visit

http://www.sabanciuniv.edu/tr/?kampus_hayati/hizmet_ve_olanaklar/ulasim.html

Abstract: Schanuel's Conjecture basically says that the complex
exponentiation transforms the linear independence into the algebraic
independence. I will discuss a version of Schanuel's Conjecture for
a field of Laurent power series in positive characteristic
(replacing the field of complex numbers) and a non-algebraic additive
power series (replacing the exponential map). I will also mention a
connection with the theory of algebraic independence related to
Drinfeld modules.

Greetings, Wilfried Meidl