[Turkmath:8921] Mimar Sinan Üniversitesi'nde Matematik Seminerleri

Ayhan Gunaydin ayhan.gunaydin at msgsu.edu.tr
15 Nis 2013 Pzt 12:36:47 EEST

Değerli liste üyeleri,
Mimar Sinan Güzel Sanatlar Üniversitesi'ndeki, Matematik Semineri'nde bu hafta iki konuşma var. Konuşmacılar Mohan Ravichandran ve Richard Gonzales. Detaylar aşağıda.
İyi çalışmalar,ayhan

İlk konuşma (saat 14:00'da)Konuşmacı: Mohan Ravichandran (İstanbul Bilgi Üniversitesi)

Başlık: Random matrices and two problems in operator algebras

Özet: I'll talk about the fascinating world of random matrices and describe two problems that I am currently working on. The first is the problem of understanding the average behavior of the map that sends a square matrix to its upper triangular part. It turns out that this is relevant to the (hyper)invariant subspace problem by presenting a natural family of potential counterexamples.
The second problem relates to the characterizing the diagonals of a commuting family of matrices - Though a complete description seems to be difficult to obtain, I can obtain very satisfactory asymptotic results.
The talk will be self contained.

İkinci konuşma (saat 16:00'da)Konuşmacı: Richard Gonzales (Sabancı Üniversitesi)
Başlık: Equivariant cycles on spherical varieties.

Özet: An spherical variety is, very roughly speaking, an algebraic variety on which a connected solvable group acts with finitely many orbits. Examples include toric varieties, symmetric spaces and compactifications of reductive groups. Spherical varieties have been intensively studied by Brion, Knop, Luna and Vust. In the mid 90's, Fulton, MacPherson, Sottile and Sturmfelds devised a technique for computing the intersection ring (or Chow ring) of such varieties, a viewpoint that led to new developments in toric geometry and Schubert calculus. In this talk, I will provide an overview of the subject, with some examples, and report on recent progress by the author on the equivariant Chow rings of spherical varieties.

Yer: MSGSÜ, Bomonti Kampüsü (Harita), Matematik Bölümü Seminer Odası.
Zaman: 12 Nisan 2013, Cuma, 14:00 ve 16:00

http://math.msgsu.edu.tr/~ayhan/Seminars