[Turkmath:9181] Fw: IMBM seminer duyurusu

Atilla YILMAZ atilla.yilmaz at boun.edu.tr
21 Ağu 2013 Çar 12:39:49 EEST

From: Sinan Unver <sunver at ku.edu.tr>
Date: August 21, 2013 10:54:24 AM GMT+03:00
To: turkmath at listweb.bilkent.edu.tr

Değerli liste üyeleri,

Australian National University'den James Borger cuma günü
saat 3:00'de IMBM'de "Witt vectors and positivity" isimli bir konusma
yapacaktır.

Konuşmanın detaylarını aşağıda bulabilirsiniz.
İlgilenebilecek olanlara haber verirseniz sevinirim. Duyuru
ektedir.

selamlar,
Sinan

Title: Witt vectors and positivity

Abstract: The usual Witt vectors are closely related to p-adic
phenomena. The so-called big Witt vectors combine the usual ones for
all primes p simultaneously. If one compares this to adele rings, it
is natural to ask whether the big Witt vectors exhibit any phenomena
related the infinite prime (real analysis) such as positivity. It
turns out that they do. I'll explain how this lets us extend the big
Witt functor to semirings, and I'll discuss the Witt vectors of some
classical arithmetic semirings, such as the nonnegative real numbers,
the natural numbers, and the Boolean semiring.