[Turkmath:9363] ODTÜ Seminer: Christina Delfs, Max Kronberg

Omer Kucuksakalli komer at metu.edu.tr
25 Kas 2013 Pzt 11:01:51 EET

Değerli liste üyeleri,

Universität Oldenburg'dan Christina Delfs ve Max Kronberg ODTÜ
Matematik Bölümünde sırasıyla Salı ve Çarşamba günleri saat
16:00'da birer konuşma vereceklerdir.

Konuşmanın detaylarını aşağıda bulabilirsiniz. İlgilenebilecek
olanlara haber verirseniz sevinirim.

Selamlar, Ömer

Christina Delfs (Tuesday, 16:00, Gündüz Ikeda Seminer Room, METU)

Title:Isogenies between Supersingular Elliptic Curves over F_p

Abstract: The problem of computing an isogeny between two given
elliptic curves has been studied by many authors and has several
applications in computational number theory and cryptography.
A way to solve it involves so-called isogeny graphs and works
better for ordinary than for supersingular elliptic curves. In
this talk we will restrict to isogenies between supersingular
elliptic curves defined over the prime field F_p and examine
the corresponding subgraph of the supersingular isogeny graph.
We will show some results about this graph that bear resemblance
to the simple ordinary case and help to adapt the algorithm to
this situation.

Max Kronberg (Wednesday, 16:00, Gündüz Ikeda Seminer Room, METU)

Title: Rational torsion on hyperelliptic curves of genus two

Abstract: For elliptic curves over the rational numbers the
possible torsion subgroups are known due to the famous result
by Mazur. In an earlier result Ogg found parametrized infinite
families for all possible torsion subgroups. For hyperelliptic
curves nearly nothing about the rational torsion structure is
known. There are some resluts by Cassels, Elkies, Flynn and
Leprévost who give single curves with large torsion. We will
show the construction of families of hyperelliptic curves with
p-torsion for small primes p. Furthermore we will give an
overview over the attempts that did not work.

Omer Kucuksakalli
Department of Mathematics
Middle East Technical University
Phone: +90 (312) 210 5397