[Turkmath:9365] Sabancı Üniv. Math. Colloquium (Nov. 28 Thursday, 10:30): Kağan Kurşungöz, On Andrews' Formula Relating Symmetrized Moments of Ranks and the k-Marked Durfee Symbols

wmeidl wmeidl at sabanciuniv.edu
25 Kas 2013 Pzt 14:13:55 EET

Dear All,

please see below the abstract of the next Sabancı University Math.
Colloquium talk by

*Kağan Kurşungöz*, Sabanci University
*Title: *On Andrews' Formula Relating Symmetrized Moments of Ranks and
the k-Marked Durfee Symbols
*Date: *Thursday,**28.11.2013, 10:30
*Place:* Sabancı University, FENS 2008.

Abstract: Rank of an integer partition is the largest part minus the
number of parts.
After some historical remarks and a brief survey of recent results
involving moments (Atkin-Garvan)
and symmetrized moments (Andrews) of ranks, we will zero in our
attention on Andrews' formula
relating the symmetrized rank moments to the number of k-marked Durfee
symbols.
We will sketch an elementary proof of the result.

All interested are welcome to attend. For directions to Sabancı
University please visit

http://www.sabanciuniv.edu/tr/?kampus_hayati/hizmet_ve_olanaklar/ulasim.html

Greetings, Wilfried Meidl