[Turkmath:9696] GYTE Weekly Seminars

İrem YAMAN i.yaman at gyte.edu.tr
4 Nis 2014 Cum 16:14:00 EEST

Sayın liste üyeleri,

GYTE Matematik haftalık seminerler kapsamında,  Ergün Yalçın (Bilkent Üniversitesi)
09 Nisan'da  " Burnside Ring of a Fusion System"
başlıklı bir seminer verecektir.

Seminerin detayları ekte (ve aşağıda) olup tüm ilgilenenler davetlidir.

Saygılarımızla,
İrem Yaman & Aslı Güçlükan İlhan

Dear All,

Ergün Yalçın (Bilkent University) will give a talk titled "Burnside Ring of a Fusion System" in our next departmental weekly seminar.

Abstract:

Starting from the definition of a Burnside ring of a finite group, I will explain how

Burnside ring of a fusion system can be defined. For a saturated fusion system $F$ defined on

a $p$-group $S$, the Burnside ring $A(F)$ is defined as the Grothendieck ring of the monoid of $F$-stable$S$-sets. This monoid is a free commutative monoid with a canonical basis given by S. P. Reeh. In a recent work, joint with M. Gelvin and S. P. Reeh, we give an explicit formula that describes

these basis elements as $S$-sets. In the formula we use a combinatorial concept called broken chains

which we introduce to understand inverses of modified Moebius functions. I will explain how this

formula is obtained.