[Turkmath:9741] MSGSU Matematik Seminerleri, Aslı Nesin, 22.04.2014, 13:00

Kıvanç Ersoy ersoykivanc at gmail.com
21 Nis 2014 Pzt 02:12:14 EEST

Değerli liste üyeleri
MSGSÜ Matematik Bölümü'nde bu hafta iki seminerimiz var.
İlki, 22 Nisan Salı günü saat 13:00'da, konuşmacımız Gabriela Aslı Rino
Nesin.
Seminerlerde görüşmek üzere,
Selamlar,
Kıvanç Ersoy

*MSGSÜ Mathematics Seminar *

Gabriela Aslı Rino Nesin
(University of Leicester)

*Groups with a recursively enumerable irreducible word problem*

I will be presenting my paper of the same title from FCT2013. The word
problem for finitely generated groups has been extensively studied; the
irreducible word problem is a closely related concept, although little
seems to be known about finitely generated groups with a recursively
enumerable irreducible word problem. After giving a brief introduction of
the terminology and geometric intuition behind some of the definitions and
previous results, I will present the main result of the paper, which is
that for finitely generated groups, having a recursively enumerable
irreducible word problem with respect to every finite generating set is
equivalent to having a recursive word problem.
Time permitting, I will also show that there are groups for which recursive
enumerability of the irreducible word problem does depend on the choice of
finite generating set, and explore the relationship with the number of ends
of a group.

MSGSÜ Bomonti Kampüsü, Matematik Bölümü
22 Nisan Salı, saat 13:00