[Turkmath:9771] Sabancı Üniv. Math. Colloquium (May 08 Thursday, 10:30): Nikos Tsirivas, Universal Taylor Series on specific compact sets

wmeidl wmeidl at sabanciuniv.edu
30 Nis 2014 Çar 19:14:56 EEST

Dear All,

please see below the abstract of the next Sabancı University Math.
Colloquium talk by
*
Nikos Tsirivas,* University of Crete, Department of Mathematics*
**Title: * Universal Taylor Series on specific compact sets*
Date: *Thursday, 08.05.2014, 10:30*
Place:* Sabancı University, FENS 2008.

All interested are welcome to attend. For directions to Sabancı
University please visit

http://www.sabanciuniv.edu/tr/?kampus_hayati/hizmet_ve_olanaklar/ulasim.html

*Abstract*: Let D be the open unit disc. It is known that there are
holomorphic functions f on D for which the partial sums (Sn(f)) of the
Taylor series about 0 have
universal approximation properties on every compact set with connected
complement outside D. It is known, also, that the previous result fails
when we consider
the sequence Bn(Sn(f)) instead of (Sn(f)) where (Bn) is an arbitrary
sequence of complex numbers. However we can satisfy universal
approximation properties on
some specific compact sets. We give, in this talk, specific examples of
sequences and compact sets in which the previous results holds.

Greetings, Wilfried Meidl