[Turkmath] Analysis and Applied Mathematics Seminar Series ‘15”

Fatih Univ. Analysis and Applied Mathematics Seminar Series fatihmath2013 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 07:24:36 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find below the information about the second week of “Analysis and
Applied Mathematics Seminar Series ‘15”. You are cordially invited to
attend this seminar.

Please visit http://www.fatih.edu.tr/?ulasimbuyukcekmece for transport
information.

Sincerely Yours,

Assist. Prof. Dr. Fatma Songül Özesenli Tetikoğlu

Department of Mathematics, Fatih University, Buyukcekmece, Istanbul, TURKIYE

Phone: +90 212 866 33 00 Ext: 2112

SEMINAR PROGRAM:

Speaker   : PhD Student Begüm ÇALIŞKAN, Department of Mathematics
and Computer Science, İstanbul Kültür University

Title          : Measures of non-compactness on Banach lattices

Abstract  : In this talk, we give an introduction to the concept of measure
of non-compactness (MNC) and basic properties of certain MNC, in particular
we consider the Kuratowski and Hausdorff MNC's and also we study on MNC in
Banach lattices, which is called measure of non-semicompactness, with their
applications to the essential spectrum of operators. Finally, we discuss
the relationship between measure of non-semicompactness and the measure of
non-compactness in weak topology, called the measure of weak
non-compactness.

Date          : Monday, December 08, 2014

Time          : 15.00-16.00

Place         : B-313, Fatih University, Istanbul