[Turkmath:9480] A course in Topological Groups, by Dikran Dikranjan in IMBM

Kıvanç Ersoy ersoykivanc at gmail.com
18 Oca 2014 Cmt 15:29:28 EET

Dear all,

Prof. Dikran Dikranjan from University of Udine is visiting Istanbul and
will give a series of lectures on Topological Groups in Istanbul Center of
Mathematical Sciences (IMBM).

The program is

27-28-29-30 January, from 10:00-12:30. All lectures will be held in IMBM,
in Boğaziçi University.

You can find the lectures' abstract below. All interested all cordially
welcome.

Prof. Dikranjan's visit is supported by TÜBİTAK 2221 Fellowship of Visiting
Scientists and Scientists on Sabbatical Program and Istanbul Center of
Mathematical Sciences. We thank TÜBİTAK and IMBM for support.

Best regards,

Kıvanç Ersoy

*Topological Groups*

This is an introductory course in topological groups. Among others we pay
particular
attention to topologizing groups with Hausdroff groups topologies. This
leads to various
issues related to Pontryagin duality (in the abelian case) and the
Zariski/Markov topology
in the non-abelian one. Furthermore, a powerful technique, due to Protasov
and Zelenyuk,
building topologies determined by convergent sequences will also be
considered.