[Turkmath:9886] The first copy in Turkey

yilmaz akyildiz yilmaz.akyildiz at gmail.com
1 Haz 2014 Paz 13:35:30 EEST

I claim that the first copy of *L & M* arrived in Turkey last night from
London, (picture attached).

Dear Edward,

I am happy to see that such a book came out of Berkeley where I missed the*
L* part of it as the time I was there (69-75) was quite different: Make Sex
no War,  Flower Children, Amerika: Falling Stone...

To introduce you and your book to the Turkish math community I planned to
write to messages: "before" and "after" *L & M*. The "before" one  is
already released:
 ​
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WvlofMZIFxw6iQgzOKaGjkOoKTbeOROCBKbeFcGBMyU/pub

Coincidences in life... Langlands connection is something...

Hopefully we shall see you too in Turkey sometime in future.

Warm regards,

yilmaz

ps:

I was talking to a mathematical physicist friend of mine about *L&M*. It
will be interesting for me to see if his predictions below matches with The
Book:

I was trying, without any book, to understand the relation between math and
love.

Love but not sex!  We should not mix them.

And your examples from 70’s Berkley are all about sex but not love.

Then the question is, if exists, any relation of math to love.

To my mind comes the next idea from C.G. Jung .

He considers 4 women:

- Eva - Havva - is physical level of erotism

-  Helen of Troy - level of erotic beauty

- Maria - the mother of Christ, the religious love

- Sophia - top level - wisdom of God

And Mathematics is at this level - very high and sublimated love or erotism.

I should further add that at present my friend is editing the translation
of:

Abraham Maslow: The Psychology of Science: A Reconnaissance, New York: Harper
& Row <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harper_%26_Row>, 1966; Chapel Hill:
Maurice Bassett, 2002.

... timing is right!