[Turkmath:9653] Hélène Esnault in Istanbul on 28 March, Friday

Alev Topuzoglu alev at sabanciuniv.edu
24 Mar 2014 Pzt 13:26:15 EET

Degerli meslekdaslarim,

Hélène Esnault (Freie Universität, Berlin) 28 Martta asagida detaylarini
bulabileceginiz konusmayi yapacaktir.
Ilgilenecegini dusundugunuz kisilere iletirseniz seviniriz.

Gorusmek uzere, iyi gunler, Alev Topuzoglu.

Dear  colleagues,

Hélène Esnault (Freie Universität, Berlin) will be delivering a talk on 28
March.
Please find the details below.

Hélène Esnault is a distinguished researcher, she has received many *awards
and d**istinctions*  including:

* Honorary doctor's degree, Université Rennes 2013

* ECM Cracow invited speaker, 2012

* Einstein Professorship FU Berlin 2012

* Full member of the Academy of Berlin-Brandenburg (2010-)

* Honorary doctorate from the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology,
2009

* Full member of the Academy Leopoldina (German National Academy) (2008-)

* Leibniz Prize from the German Research Foundation (DFG), 2003

* ICM Beijing invited speaker, 2002.

*"Fundamental groups and crystals"*

*28 March, Friday at 15.40*

*Sabanci University Karakoy Iletisim Merkezi, Bankalar Caddesi 2, Karakoy*

Abstract: Over the complex numbers, the étale fundamental group controls
(regular singular if the manifold is not proper) O-coherent D- modules,
called stratifications, or crystals. We discuss the characteristic  $p$
analogs, the Gieseker conjecture for stratifications, the de Jong
conjecture for crystals. We proved the Gieseker conjecture in the proper
case ( with Mehta). We will discuss some points of the proof, and for the
other open cases we will present the last progresses.

We hope to see you on Friday.

Best regards, Alev Topuzoglu

   -

·