[Turkmath:10044] Sabancı Üniv. Matematik Seminerleri (25 Eyl. Prş.)/Math Colloquia (Sep 25 Thu) : David Thomson, Vector space decompositions of finite fields and normal bases

Kağan Kurşungöz kursungoz at sabanciuniv.edu
24 Eyl 2014 Çar 08:17:39 UTC

     Değerli Liste Üyeleri,

     David Thomson (Carleton University) Sabancı Üniv.de 25 Eylül
Perşembe 15:40'ta detayları aşağıdaki semineri verecektir. İlgilenen
herkes davetlidir.  Kampüse ilk defa gelecekler için ulaşım bilgileri
https://www.sabanciuniv.edu/tr/ulasim adresinde mevcuttur.

     Dear Subscribers,

     David Thomson (Carleton University) will give a seminar in Sabancı
Univ. on Sep 25 Thursday at 15:40, details below.  Anyone interested is
welcome.  For the first timers in campus, the transportation info is on
https://www.sabanciuniv.edu/en/location .

     Kağan Kurşungöz

tarih/date:    25 Eylül Perşembe / Sep 25 Thursday
zaman/time:    15:40
yer/locn:    MDBF/FENS 2008

Speaker : David Thomson (Carleton University)
Title   : Vector space decompositions of finite fields and normal bases.

Abstract: In this talk, we will investigate the structure of finite
fields as vector spaces over their base fields. Primarily, we will focus
on normal bases and their generalizations. After a gentle introduction,
we will use a decomposition of the finite field (again as a vector
space) to re-define the recently introduced k-normal elements.
Throughout the talk, I will indicate some research problems on related
areas.