[Turkmath:887] METU Algebra Seminar

Mustafa Gokhan Benli gokhan.benli at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 08:53:09 UTC 2015

METU Algebra Seminar

Wednesay December 16, 16:40, İkeda Seminar Room

Speaker:  Burak Kaya, Rutgers University

Title: The complexity of topological conjugacy of pointed Cantor minimal
systems.

Abstract:

In this talk, we analyze the complexity of the topological conjugacy
relation on Cantor minimal systems from the point of view of descriptive
set theory. We shall show that topological conjugacy of pointed Cantor
minimal systems is Borel bireducible with the equality of countable sets of
reals. We will also show that this is a lower bound for the Borel
complexity of topological conjugacy of Cantor minimal systems. If time
permits, we will cover some applications of our results to properly ordered
Bratteli diagrams.