[Turkmath:284] İYTE Seminer: Ayberk Zeytin / 6 Mart Cuma

Engin BUYUKASIK enginbuyukasik at iyte.edu.tr
Tue Mar 3 13:37:02 UTC 2015

Sayin Liste Uyeleri,

Galatasaray Universitesi Matematik Bolumu ogretim uyesi
Dr. Ayberk Zeytin, 6 Mart Cuma gunu İYTE matematik
bolumunde bir seminer verecektir. Konusma detaylarini
asagida ve ekli dosyada bulabilirsiniz.

Yer: İYTE Matematik Bolumu, Seminer Salonu
Zaman: 6 Mart Cuma-14:30

Baslik: Quadratic Number Fields and Binary Quadratic
Forms.

Ozet: In this talk, we will first introduce one of the
most important invariant of a number field: its class
group. We'll try to explain its key role in arithmetic
through examples and then list some open problems in the
quadratic case most of which were stated by Gauss in his
Disquisitiones Arithmeticae and are now more than 200
years old.
This will be followed by a brief introduction to binary
quadratic forms. We will then use a graph theoretical
interpretation, called çark, to attack the above problems
and report on some recent results obtained.

The talk will be accessible to undergraduates with some
knowledge in abstract algebra.