[Turkmath:378] Hacettepe Genel Matematik Semineri: Oktay Ölmez, 01.04.15 Çarşamba

Mesut Şahin mesutsahin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 07:01:08 UTC 2015

*Değerli liste üyeleri,*

*detayları aşağıda ve ekte verilen genel seminerimize ilgilenenleri
bekliyoruz.*

*Tarih (Date) :* 01.04.2015, Çarşamba (Wednesday)

*Saat (Time):* 15:00

*Yer (Place):* Yaşar ATAMAN Seminer Salonu

*Konuşmacı (Speaker):* Dr. Oktay Ölmez (Ankara University)

*Başlık (Title) :* Boolean functions and combinatorial designs

*Özet (Abstract) : *Combinatorial design theory has not only a deep
respected and advanced mathematical heritage but also has produced genuine
new applications that attract many engineers. These applications include
problems in signal processing, radar, error-correction codes, optical
orthogonal codes, image processing and cryptography.

Difference set method is a central figure in the study of these application
problems, especially error-correction codes, sequences and highly nonlinear
Boolean functions. In this talk, we will explore the links between Boolean
functions and combinatorial designs via difference set methods. We will
provide results specifically concerning bent and plateaued boolean
functions.

NOT: Konuşma sonunda çay ve pasta ikramı olacaktır.

(P.S.  Tea and cookies will be served after the talk.)

  Mesut Sahin
  Associate Professor
  Department of Mathematics
  Hacettepe University