[Turkmath:498] Hacettepe Genel Semineri: KIVILCIM ALKAN ( Brock University),13.05.2015, Çarşamba

Mesut Şahin mesutsahin at gmail.com
Mon May 11 13:12:04 UTC 2015

*Değerli liste üyeleri,*

*detayları aşağıda verilen seminere ilgilenen herkesi bekliyoruz.*

*mesut*

*Tarih (Date):*13.05.2015, Çarşamba(Wednesday)

*Saat(Time):*15:00

*Yer (Place):* Yaşar ATAMAN Seminer Salonu

*Konuşmacı (Speaker): *KIVILCIM ALKAN ( Brock University)

*Başlık (Title): *Inelastic Curve Flows in 2- and 3- Dimensional
Minkowskian Space

*Özet (Abstract) : *In this project, I derive integrable systems from
inelastic curve flows in 2 and 3 dimensional Minkowskian space by using
Hasimoto variables. I introduce a Lorentzian version of a moving parallel
frame and show that its structure equations encode the Hasimoto variables
in natural way. For timelike/spacelike curves in the Minkowskian plane, I
obtain the defocusing mKdV equation and its bi-Hamiltonian structure. For
null curves, I find Burgers equation. For timelike curves in 3 dimensional
Minkowskian space, I derive the complex defocusing mKdV equation and the
NLS equation, whereas for spacelike curves, I find similar equations with
complex numbers replaced by hyperbolic numbers.

NOT: Konuşma sonunda çay ve pasta ikramı olacaktır.

(P.S.  Tea and cookies will be served after the talk.)

  Mesut Sahin
  Associate Professor
  Department of Mathematics
  Hacettepe University