[Turkmath:518] GSÜ Matematik Bölümü seminer duyurusu: İlker İnam

Ayberk Zeytin ayberkz at gmail.com
Mon May 18 13:47:06 UTC 2015

Değerli liste üyeleri,

Galatasaray Üniversitesi Matematik Bölümü Seminerleri kapsamında 20
Mayıs (Çarşamba günü) saat 15.00'da FEF 10 nolu sınıftaki konuşmacımız
İlker İnam (Bilecik Şeyh Edebali Üniversitesi) olacaktır. Konuşma ile
ilgili detaylı bilgiler şöyledir:

Başlık: Some Problems and A Possible Conjecture On Half-Integral Weight
Modular Forms

Özet: By the celebrated work of G. Shimura, our knowledge on modular
forms of half-integral weight has started to grow. Like in the case of
integral weight, they also have arithmetic significance, so both have
attracted attention for many years. Recently, one of the breakthrough
and very significant results in pure mathematics is the proof of the
Sato-Tate conjecture for non-CM modular eigenforms of integral weight
(even for Hilbert eigenforms) by Taylor, Barnet-Lamb, Geraghty and
Harris. A special case of the Sato-Tate theorem states that signs of
coefficients of integral weight Hecke eigenforms are equidistributed.
That such should also be the case for half-integral weight forms was
conjectured by Kohnen and Bruinier. In this talk, we will discuss the
motivation behind this question and explain how the Shimura lift and the
Sato-Tate theorem can be exploited to obtain sign equidistribution for
certain subsets of the coefficients of half-integral weight eigenforms.
Finally, we are interested in the following question: Is it possible
state a conjecture like Sato-Tate in the case of half-integral weight
modular forms where the question is much more complicated. We will
conclude with reporting recent developments on this problem.

This is a joint work with S. Purkait (Kyushu), G. Wiese (Luxembourg), S. Arias-de-Reyna (Luxembourg).

Bölümümüzdeki genel seminerlere ve diger araştırma faaliyetlerine:

http://math.gsu.edu.tr/faaliyet.html

adresinden ulaşabilirsiniz.

Saygılarımla,

--