[Turkmath:749] GSU-matematik bölümü seminer duyurusu (Zafeirakis Zafeirakopoulos)

Serap Gürer serapgurer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 08:42:26 UTC 2015

Degerli liste üyeleri,

Galatasaray Üniversitesi Matematik Bölümü Seminerleri kapsaminda 11 Kasım
çarsamba günü saat 15:00'da FEF 9 nolu  sinifta
Zafeirakis Zafeirakopoulos (Galatasaray Universitesi) konusma yapacaktir.
Konusma ile ilgili bazi detaylar söyledir:

Baslik: Polyhedral Omega: A new linear Diophantine system solver."

Özet: Polyhedral Omega is a new algorithm for solving linear Diophantine
systems (LDS), i.e., for computing a multivariate rational function
representation of the set of all non-negative integer solutions to a system
of linear equations and inequalities. Polyhedral Omega combines methods
from partition analysis with methods from polyhedral geometry. In
particular, we combine MacMahon’s iterative approach based on the
Omega operator
and explicit formulas for its evaluation with geometric tools such as Brion
decomposition and Barvinok’s short rational function representations. In
this way, we connect two branches of research that have so far remained
separate, unified by the concept of symbolic cones which we introduce. The
resulting LDS solver Polyhedral Omega is significantly faster than previous
solvers based on partition analysis and it is competitive with
state-of-the-art LDS solvers based on geometric methods. Most importantly,
this synthesis of ideas makes Polyhedral Omega by far the simplest
algorithm for solving linear Diophantine systems available to date. This is
joint work with Felix Breuer.

Saygılarımla

Serap Gürer
Galatasaray Üniversitesi