[Turkmath:750] Gebze Technical University, Department of Mathematics Colloquium

Elif Kayaalp ekayaalp at gtu.edu.tr
Mon Nov 9 12:35:31 UTC 2015

[http://www.turkmath.org/beta/images/kurumlogos/gte.jpg]
Gebze Technical University Department Seminars
Operator Splitting Methods: Analysis and Applications
Gamze Tanoğlu
İzmir Yüksek Teknoloji Enstitüsü, Turkey
Özet : Operator splitting is a powerful method for numerical investigation of complex models. The basic idea of the operator splitting methods based on splitting of complex problem into a sequence of simpler tasks, called split sub-problems. The sub operators are usually chosen with regard to different physical process. Then instead of the original problem, a sequence of sub models are solved, which gives rise to a splitting error. In this talk, we will present different convergent analysis techniques for operator splitting methods. Finally, we will support our theoretical results with the numerical examples.
        Tarih   :       13.11.2015
        Saat    :       14:00
        Yer     :       Matematik Bölümü I Blok Seminer Odası
        Dil     :       Turkish