[Turkmath:765] GSU-matematik bölümü seminer duyurusu (Hugues Randriambololona)

Serap Gürer serapgurer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 07:36:56 UTC 2015

Degerli liste üyeleri,

Galatasaray Üniversitesi Matematik Bölümü Seminerleri kapsaminda 18 Kasım
çarsamba günü saat 15:00'da FEF 9 nolu  sinifta
Hugues Randriambololona (Télécom ParisTech) konusma yapacaktir.
Konusma ile ilgili bazi detaylar söyledir:

Başlık: Set systems without flat triangles beyond the probabilistic bound

Özet: Make the set of subsets of a given set into a metric space by
defining the distance between two subsets as the cardinality of their
symmetric difference. Say elements in a metric space form a system without
flat triangles if triangular inequality between any three of them is always
strict. We will be interested in giving asymptotic bounds, for n going to
infinity, on the maximal cardinality of a system without flat triangles in
the set of subsets of an n element set. A lower bound, purely existential,
can be given using the probabilistic method (à la Erdös). We will improve
this bound, constructively, with a completely different method using ideas
from the theory of error correcting codes and new results in algebraic
geometry.

Saygılarımla
Serap Gürer

ᐧ