[Turkmath:821] Seminars: "Why fully homomorphic encryption?" and "A brief survey on pairing-based cryptography"

Mehmet Sabir Kiraz m.kiraz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 13:26:30 UTC 2015

Location: ENG 208, Koç University

Date: 02/Dec/2015

Time: 16:00-18:30

*==========================================*

*Speaker:* Dr. Mehmet Sabır Kiraz

*Title: *Why fully homomorphic encryption?

*Abstract: *Fully homomorphic encryption (FHE) techniques allow a third
party to do arbitrarily many computations on encrypted data without
learning any extra information over the real data. With the homomorphism
property many practical solutions can be realized including secure online
storage, private search on data, and secure data mining. In this talk, we
give a survey about the concepts of somewhat homomorphic encryption and
bootstrappability, and techniques to obtain fully homomorphic encryption
from these primitives. Finally, if time permits we will also discuss
potential future work inluding efficient verification of FHE.

*Speaker:* Dr. Osmanbey Uzunkol

*Title: *A brief survey on pairing-based cryptography
*Abstract: *This talk discusses several applications and the state of the
art of pairing-based cryptography together with its underlying security.
After defining the primitives, we present the practical uses of
pairing-based cryptography, and will survey on its applications in
identity-based cryptography, Joux's three-party key exchange, short
signatures, public auditing the data (joint with Sertkaya and Kiraz),
primitives of authenticated certificateless encryption to secure
outsourcing of bilinear maps (joint with Arabaci, Sertkaya and Kiraz). Then
the intractability of several computational problems related to
pairing-based cryptography (the discrete logarithm problem, the bilinear
Diffie Hellman problem, the pairing inversion problem for Weil and Tate
pairings) will be discussed. If time permits, we will finally give some new
results on the generic aspects of the pairing inversion problem (joint work
with F. Heß).