[Turkmath:671] Gebze Technical University, Department of Mathematics Colloquium

Elif Kayaalp ekayaalp at gtu.edu.tr
Tue Sep 29 08:01:10 UTC 2015

Sayın Liste Üyeleri,

GTÜ Matematik Bölümü Seminerleri kapsamında,
2 Ekim Cuma günü saat 14:00'da Anargyros Katsampekis
(Mimar Sinan Güzel Sanatlar Üniversitesi) GTÜ Matematik Bölümü Seminer
Odası’nda bir seminer verecektir. Seminerin detayları
aşağıda olup tüm ilgilenenler davetlidir.

Saygılarımızla,

Title: Minimal systems of generators for the defining ideals of monomial curves in A^4(K)

Abstract: We give a new classification of monomial curves in the affine 4-dimensional space A^4(K). It relies on the detection of those binomials and monomials that have to appear in every system of binomial generators of the defining ideal of the monomial curve; these special binomials and monomials are called indispensable in the literature. This way to proceed has the advantage of producing a natural necessary and sufficient conditions for the defining ideal of a monomial curve in A^4(K) to have a unique minimal system of binomial generators.

Dear all,

There will be a seminar in Gebze Technical University (GTU) on 2nd of
October by Anargyros Katsampekis (Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University)
Time  and  place:  At 14:00 in Department of Mathematics, Building I,
Auditorium.