[Turkmath:1239] MSGSÜ Matematik Bölümü Seminerleri

İpek TUVAY ituvay at gtu.edu.tr
Sat Apr 16 20:12:30 UTC 2016

Değerli liste üyeleri,

MSGSÜ Matematik Bölümü Genel Seminerlerinde bu hafta
konuşmacımız Bilkent Üniversitesi Matematik Bölümünden
Matthew Gelvin.
Konuşma özeti aşağıdaki gibidir.
Seminerde görüşmek üzere,
İpek Tuvay

Title: Minimal characteristic bisets of saturated fusion systems

Abstract: The fusion system of a finite group is an organization
framework for understanding the p-local structure of that group.  The data
are encoded in a category with objects the subgroups of a fixed p-group S,
and morphisms certain group injections that mimic conjugation
homomorphisms induced by an absent ambient group.  It can be seen as an
algebraic structure in its own right, one which serves as a bridge between
the fields of local group theory, modular representation theory, and
algebraic topology.

In this talk I will discuss joint work with Sune Reeh, in which we
parameterize the characteristic bisets of a saturated fusion system.  A
characteristic biset can be thought of a collection of abstract group
elements that conjugate subgroups of S in such a way to recreate the
original fusion system.  It turns out that there is a simple
parameterization of these bisets, and as a consequence we discover the
existence of a unique minimal characteristic biset for any saturated
fusion system.

MSGSÜ Bomonti Kampüsü,
Matematik Bölümü Seminer Odası
21.04.2016, Perşembe, 17:00.