[Turkmath:1258] Istanbul Diferansiyel Denklemler Seminerleri

Handan Borluk borluk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 10:29:27 UTC 2016

Degerli liste uyeleri,

Istanbul Diferansiyel Denklemler Seminerleri kapsaminda,

*6 Mayıs Cuma, saat 13.00'da, Sabanci Universitesi Karakoy Minerva Palas
binasinda* (Bankalar Caddesi 2, Karakoy 34420, Istanbul) yapılacak olan
seminere  ilgilenen herkes davetlidir.

*Konusmaci:* Yrd. Doç. Dr. Yasemin Sengul, Ozyegin Universitesi

*Baslik*: One-dimensional nonlinear models of strain-limiting
viscoelasticity

*Ozet:*  In this talk I will try to give an introduction to implicit
constitutive theories. In particular, I will focus on strain-limiting
models introduced by Rajagopal, where a nonlinear relationship is assumed
among the linearized strain, strain rate and the Cauchy stress. I will then
talk about a recent joint work with H. A. Erbay where we investigate
traveling wave solutions of a nonlinear differential equation describing
the behaviour of one-dimensional viscoelastic medium with implicit
constitutive relations. We establish conditions for the existence of such
solutions, and find those solutions explicitly, implicitly, or numerically,
for various forms of the nonlinear constitutive relation.