[Turkmath:1088] Seminar by Kevser Aktas at SU

Canan Kasikci (Alumni) canank at sabanciuniv.edu
Fri Mar 4 07:20:23 UTC 2016

Degerli liste uyeleri,

Dr. Kevser Aktas (Queen's University) 7 Mart Pazartesi gunu Sabanci
Universitesi'nde seminer verecektir. Asagida detaylarini bulacaginiz
etkinlige katiliminiz bizi mutlu edecektir.

iyi gunler dilegiyle

canan kasikci

Ulasim icin:
http://www.sabanciuniv.edu/en/transportation/shuttle-hours

*............................................*

*Title: Fundamental Units and Consecutive Squarefull Numbers*

*Date/Time/Place: 7 March, 13:40, FENS 2008*

*Abstract*: An integer n is called squarefull (or powerful) if in its prime
factorization all the prime factors have exponents greater than 1. In this
talk, we connect several seemingly unrelated conjectures of Ankeny, Artin,
Chowla and Mordell to a conjecture of Erdos on consecutive squarefull
numbers. We then study  the "Erdos conjecture" and relate it to the "abc
conjecture". We also derive by elementary methods several unconditional
results pertaining to the Erdos conjecture. This is a joint work with Prof.
M. Ram Murty.