[Turkmath:1094] departmental seminar

burcu.temur burcu.temur at atilim.edu.tr
Mon Mar 7 09:39:22 UTC 2016

Dear all,

You are cordially invited to general seminar organized
by
Department of Mathematics, Atilim University.

The speaker is HACER
ÖZ from Atılım University.

Title: OPTIMAL CONTROL PROBLEMS OF
STOCHASTIC DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS WITH NEW RUNGE-KUTTA METHODS

Abstract:

In this work, we obtain the symplectic partitioned
Runge-Kutta (SPRK) scheme for the optimal control problem of stochastic
differential equations (SDEs). In order to discretize the optimal
control problem, there are two basic approaches:
_discretize-then-optimize _and _optimize-then-discretize__._ We mainly
focus on SPRK scheme for the optimal control problem of SDEs by
following the _discretize-then-optimize_ approach. After we present
Hamiltonian formulations for the stochastic optimal control problem, we
discretize the cost functional and the state equation with the help of
Runge-Kutta schemes. To obtain the optimality system, we state the
discrete Lagrangian. Then, we get the stochastic adjoint pair (. Our
main contribution is to obtain an implicit Runge-Kutta scheme for the
adjoint pair. As applications, we choose some problems from finance. We
compare the numerical results with the exact solutions.