[Turkmath:3754] Istanbul Bilgi Univ. Mathematics Seminar - Sonat Süer - Mon 08/04/2019

Kemal Eroglu kemal.eroglu at bilgi.edu.tr
Wed Apr 3 17:49:38 UTC 2019

Dear list members,

You are cordially invited to the talk titled "An Invitation to Functional Programming for Mathematicians" by Sonat Süer on Monday, April 8th at 13:00 in Istanbul Bilgi University Dolapdere Campus, Room 227. The abstract is given below:

Most mathematicians, as well as engineers, believe that applied mathematics is about solving differential equations or doing some similar kind of scientific/symbolic computing. In this talk, we will try to demonstrate how more abstract branches of mathematics such as algebra and category theory find applications in software engineering. We will use Haskell, an industrial strength functional programming language, to give examples. No prior knowledge of Haskell will be assumed.

Best regards,

Kemal Ilgar Eroğlu
Istanbul Bilgi University
Department of Mathematics