[Turkmath:3703] Sabanci Mathematics Colloquium - Thursday 21 March 2019

Michel Lavrauw mlavrauw at sabanciuniv.edu
Fri Mar 15 09:39:05 UTC 2019

You are cordially invited to the Mathematics Colloquium at 15:40 in the FENS building on Sabancı Campus in room 2019 on Thursday 21 March 2019.

Speaker: Özgür Kişsel (Middle East Technical University)
Title: Real and Complex Line Arrangements

Abstract: There are many natural problems of interest concerning the arrangement of lines in the real or complex projective plane related to the combinatorial properties of the resulting cell complex. In this talk I first wish to introduce some of these problems and some recent developments about them. Finally, I will present certain realizability results about a certain subclass of line arrangements, called nets, that we obtained in our joint work with A. Bassa.

Kind regards,
Michel Lavrauw.