[Turkmath:4227] Talk by Türkü Özlüm Çelik at the IMBM on "Algebraic Computations of Theta Constants"

Alp Bassa alp.bassa at boun.edu.tr
Sat Nov 16 20:56:56 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues,

Türkü Özlüm Çelik (Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the
Sciences) will give a talk on

"Algebraic Computations of Theta Constants".

The talk will take place on Tuesday, 19.11.2019, at 15:00 at the
Istanbul Center for Mathematical Sciences (IMBM). Please find the
abstract below and the poster attached.

Details on how to get to the IMBM can be found here:
http://www.imbm.org.tr/howto/howtoimbm.html

Best Regards,

Alp Bassa
********

Tuesday, 19.11.2019, 15:00, IMBM

Türkü Özlüm Çelik
(Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences)
"Algebraic Computations of Theta Constants"

David Mumford showed that a principally polarized abelian variety can
be written as an intersection of quadrics in a projective space. The
coefficients of these quadrics are determined by certain constants,
called theta constants, which  are the values of transcendental
functions, called theta functions. In this talk, we  will see
algebraic computations of theta constants associated with a
non-hyperelliptic curve. By that way, we will also discuss some
extrinsic geometric features of non hyperelliptic curves from a
computational perspective.