[Turkmath:4257] Bilkent Topoloji Semineri - Alex Degtyarev- 02.12.2019

Bilkent Mathematics bilmath at fen.bilkent.edu.tr
Thu Nov 28 11:24:35 UTC 2019

Değerli liste üyeleri,

Bilkent Matematik Bölümü Topoloji Seminerleri kapsamında 2 Aralık'ta Alex Degtyarev konuşmacı olacaktır.

Alex Degtyarev (Bilkent)

"Lines generate the Picard group of a Fermat surface -II"

Özet: I will explain a purely topological solution of a long standing algebra-geometric problem, viz. the so-called Shioda conjecture. After a brief introduction to the subject, I will state the problem and reduce it to the computation of the fundamental group (or, rather, properly understood Alexander module) of a certain arrangement of lines in the plane. Then, in the bulk of the talk, I will try to explain this computation in detail:
We will discuss the braid monodromy, Zariski--van Kampen theorem (with its pros and contras) computing the fundamental group of a plane curve, and, essentially, Fox' free calculus explained via cellular complexes.

The talk will largely be accessible to graduate and senior undergraduate students. At the end of the talk I am planning to discuss the generalizations to the so-called Delsarte surfaces and state a few open problems that may constitute a master or Ph.D. project.

Tarih: 2 Aralık 2019 Pazartesi, 13:40

Yer: SA - 141

Konuşma sonrasında çay-kurabiye ikramı yapılacaktır.

İlgilenen herkes davetlidir.

Bilkent Üniversitesi Matematik Bölümü
https://twitter.com/Bilkent_math