[Turkmath:4455] Bilkent Analiz Semineri 28 Nisan - Jacopo Borga

Bilkent Mathematics bilmath at fen.bilkent.edu.tr
Tue Apr 28 08:29:18 UTC 2020

Değerli liste üyeleri,

Bilkent Matematik Bölümü Analiz Seminerleri kapsamında 28 Nisan 2020’de Jacopo Borga konuşmacı olacaktır.

Jacopo Borga (Institut für Mathematik, Universität Zürich) - "Phase transitions for almost square permutations"

Özet: We explore scaling limits of uniform permutations in the classes Sq(n,k) of almost square permutations of size n+k with exactly k internal points (i.e. points that are not records). We first investigate the case when k=0. We characterize the global behavior by showing that square permutations have a limit which can be described by a random rectangle. We then characterize the limit of almost square permutations with k internal points, both when k is fixed and when k tends to infinity along a negligible sequence with respect to the size of the permutation: we will show during the seminar that a phase transition on the shape of the limiting rectangles arises for different values of k. Finally, we will present some work-in-progress-results when k is of the same order as n.

Tarih: 28 Nisan 2020 Salı, 16:00-17:00

Konuşma İnternet üzerinden ve İngilizce yapılacaktır. Katılmak isteyenlerin goncha at fen.bilkent.edu.tr adresine e-posta göndermeleri rica olunur.

Bilkent Matematik
https://twitter.com/Bilkent_math